Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Ordination Process

Thanks for your prayers regarding my efforts to be ordained as a church planting pastor in the PCA. So far so good! I have passed four of the six written exams and half of the oral exams and preached on the floor of the Pacific Northwest Presbytery. I took the fifth written exam (Christian Counseling) yesterday and think I did ok on it. In a couple of months I will take the last written exam (Church History). It only covers 2000 years of information! Please Pray! If I pass the last one and that one, I will go before the Credentials Committee for the second time to be examined on all the information I got wrong on these three exams (The Sacraments, Christian Counseling, and Church History). If I pass the oral examination then I go before the Presbytery to be examined in those three areas. If I pass that then I will be ordained. Oh yeah, I forgot, I have to write an exegetical paper on a scripture passage from the origional Greek too!

If I am ordained this spring, we will plan on having our first church service with Hope Fellowship in September!